Tuesday 28 December 2010

Fabulous Christmas presents :)

I hope you all had a great Christmas!  I did - full of family fun, pressies and food.  We had a great time, and Santa, family and friends all brought me some great gifts so I thought it would be fun to share some of my favourites although be warned, it does show what a weird mind I have!!!  


I am a very lucky girl in that Santa still visits me...twice!  He fills a pillowcase in my own house and at my Mums's!!!  And he knows I love picture books :)  I have some that are just ace stories (I just love the Aliens in Underpants stories) and some for their illustrations


I AdORe Angie Lewin's prints so was thrilled to find this book in my pillowcase :)


It has some great images of pages from her sketchbooks...


and I can feel some eraser carving coming on. although how Angie gets such tremendous detail I do not know!


Santa also brought me a new Martha Stewart punch :)


My Mum and sister both got me a cushion from BHS (I always forget about the new section of The Trafford Centre where they've put all the home shops!)  


Wendy at The Stamp Attic knows me well, I love this pencil case with these gorgeous flower images on


and she also understands my love for corrugated card lol


And how fantastic is this mouse from my friend Tracy?


I just LoVe his legs made of nails, and his safety pin arms.  He is now living in my attic :)  


My 'main' present this year was an embellisher, for needle felting, which was immediately ambushed by my daughter and youngest son!  Sophie made a fantastic mouse (it was going to be an owl but ended up more mouse like so Tom made it a tail!)


then went into production making flowers for brooches.  These feel soooooooooooooo yummy and warm when held together in your hand


Tom had a play with different fabrics and fibres



And once I made it onto the machine I too had a play


I'd love to see what you got for Christmas...great books?  fun gifts?  handmade items?  If you'd like to share them, please link them on my sidebar so we can all go and take a look.  :)

5 comments:

  1. Love your post sarah - looks like the whole family will have fun with your gift! Hope 2011 brings you much fun, laughter, joy and love x Janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's lovely getting a sneak peek into your world! I love that you are quirky too! When are you next down for a coffee, I need a Sarah fix! Happy Christmas & New Year sweetie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm...some of those things look very familiar! Thank heaven for Skype!
    I now need to get your parcel in the post! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such lovely creative pieces! Happy to see that Santa was good to you...how fun! Wishing you a Happy healthy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment; it makes my day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails