Tuesday 9 April 2013

a journal page at The Play Date Cafe


 When I saw this week's Play Date Cafe Colours I knew I had to play along!


It was tempting to use a manilla tag as a base but I decided to challenge myself and do a journal page with the colours instead.  They are  Cappuccino...Slate...Burlap

One of the pages had a burgundy overspill from the previous page so I started by sponging a dark brown acrylic paint around the edge of the page and went from there!


My grey spray ink was a little darker than I remembered (it's an 'altered original' by Dyan Reaveley, pre-Ranger) but it all works so ...


Whilst away on holiday I discovered the 'panorama' option on my iphone and had a go using it to take the whole double page spread - it's easier to take a photo and crop it, this image is a little wonky!


Note to self - use this colour combo again :)  There's loads of gorgeous inspiration with these colours over at The Play Date Cafe if you fancy heading over there, they're a fab design team and this week are joined by the DT from the Jenni Bowlin Studio.

7 comments:

  1. Wow Sarah! what a fabulous spread! Saw these colours too but life got in the way-again! You have done wonders with the colours! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous spread. I wouldn't have been drawn to the colour combo, but you've made it look incredibly appealing. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for popping by my blog Sarah, I seem to have got out of the habit of journalling since we lost paddy's shop. Love what you have done and been peeking further down and seen some of your fab work.
    Even so, I think sewing might need the bigger table and journalling might be able to be more movable?

    Hugs Neet (nice to hear from you) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome journal page!! Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous page, the colours are great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. SOooo sorry it's taken me so long to come by and say how aMAZing this page is! It makes me heart happy when I see you : ) Miss ya x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment; it makes my day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails