Friday 7 November 2014

art journaling on the train

It might look like it ..


but this isn't quite the same journal that I've been enjoying working in recently.  I took a baggie of art journaling supplies away with me on our recent trip to London, including my little Daler Rowney journal (which is about 4"x 6" in size, a nominal A6) but when it came to the journey home I realised I'd accidentally packed it into my suitcase!


Fortunately we'd happened to shop at the Chelsea School of Art and Design shop (next to the Tate Britain, open to the public, very very cheap :)  ) and that journal I did have in my bag! It's a proper square but similar in size to my Daler Rowney (Sea White chunky small, approx 5.5" square)


What I LoVe about working in artist quality sketchbooks is that the paper is heavy enough to take wet media so no gessoing, no gluing of pages together to make them thick enough etc


Having said that, I did glue in a brusho background before collaging on top (with more brusho backgrounds, letraset and those gorgeous stamped numerals!!)  !


It was a very therapeutic activity for a train journey!

Stampotique stamps used:

5 comments:

  1. I've never journalled on the go, but like the idea! Great page, love the background - I've had my first play with brushos and had great fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous colours Sarah! Love what you've done along the bottom of the page! I definitely approve of journaling on a train(or anywhere else)! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful journal, love what you've done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful way to travel, Sarah! Relaxing, and a good use of "leisure" time! Sweet color palette and, of course, I love all the text stamps in this piece! Well choreographed, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know Sarah, I have never 'journalled on the move' but I think I might well do some on my next trip/ Thanks for the lowdown and thanks for sharing your lovely new journal.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment; it makes my day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails