Monday 27 July 2009

i love buttons

I'd been eyeing up the blue button with the diamante in the middle for a while in John Lewis, especially since it was in the sale! It was the very last one and eventually I succumbed and added it to corset. She called hers 'Viva la Diva', the inspiration being Las Vegas and show girls - so think feathers and shiny bits :) The second button on there was so shiny it just had to be slipped into my basket too!!


A friend of mine recently introduced me to 'gemagic' so I've been merrily adding gems to this corset. As well as adding the shiny braids and 'fluffy' bit, I did the collage on the right with snippets of fabric, feathers, gems, and some dice earrings I found in Claire's accessories. I dyed the lace on the left using alcohol inks - they were fab as they dry soooo quickly :)

This corset is going in the post today to the next participant - I'm going to miss working on them, I'm onto my last one!!

4 comments:

  1. Just sat down with a cup of tea and to see what you've been up to. This corset is so different from the last one you showed us. I loved the muted colors of the first one and I love the vibrant 'vegas' colors of this one.
    Nice work! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! This is soooo pretty! What a cool idea, your beautifully embellished corsets! Love it! It's a bit like crazy quilting. Love your fairy name too! I'm going to see what mine is!.... :o) Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty - I love the colours.
    Cal x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Sarah for putting so much work (and ideas) into my corset

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment; it makes my day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails