Wednesday 29 July 2009

last corset ... well, kindof!

Well, I've worked on all eleven corsets and just passed the final one, Monet, on to the next person. My original idea was to fill in with altered flowers as, if you've ever been lucky enough to visit it, Monet's garden is full to bursting with flowers. However, I've been really loving doing the fabric snippet collages so right after working on 'field of dreams' I carried on collaging on this one. I picked a space between another person's work using kunin felt.

A couple of altered daisies snuck in there, and some lace flowers I'd painted with Stewart Gill paints.
One of the corsets is looking in need of a bit of pizzazz so I've brought it home to add some bits to it. I truly am trying to resist the collage, and think I should do some kunin felt work on it as the person who owns this latest corset has done a lot of work with this material on other people's so I'm guessing she likes it! It's called 'Gwendoline Grace' after her Grandmother and I'm going to be able to indulge my button ..hmm, was going to say fetish but not sure that's the right word!!! ;)
Oh, and Becca's got details up on her website re the corset display in September '09.

11 comments:

  1. Crazy beautiful! Those are the words that come to mind, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These corsets are just wonderful things ! I don't mean to hold the body in with, I mean the fantastic creativity that you and all the others are putting in. I love the way each has it's own 'personality'. Fantastic work !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such lovely names for them. Beautiful colours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyone was given a plain one and asked to give it a name, and some are so inventive, lovely. I also like how each is different Sid!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want Sid on my team! Any male who looks at the beauty of a corset from an artistic sense first is a real gentleman! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just so beautiful!!! I love it's name also...and your little fairy is darling! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful corsets. Thank you Sarah, I've done my ATC now. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. The colours on this are absolutely stunning, and so many flowers, it must be very like the garden at Giverney!
    BTW Sarah, like Neet, Sue and others - I am GETTING NOTHING DONE!!!!! Are you at Paddy's on Saturday?
    Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't worry Chris, nobody is ;) Not at Paddy's on Sat but need to drop a book round so may bob in with Sophe xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh the colors, so beautiful. Sandi

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment; it makes my day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails