Thursday 23 September 2010

a Crafty Individual Play Date Cafe


This week Crafty Individuals, a favourite stamp company of many of us here in the UK, is sponsoring the Play Date Cafe.  They very kindly supplied the design team with a stamp of their choice, and a wonderful prize package for this week's challenge winner.


Julie's chosen this week's photo inspiration.  I love this image.  I had a lilac and deep blue kitchen once, and love this combo with lime green, but there's too much metal to clean in this one lol!  


I chose to work with a deep blue and used Chipped Sapphire distress ink, with Peeled Paint providing the green.  My silver comes in via the diamantés.   I was tempted to use a grey inkpad somewhere,  I just couldn't decide how!


Head on over to the Play Date Cafe to check out this week's prize, and to see the other designers' stunning pieces using this week's colours.



14 comments:

  1. Really wonderful use of this week's colors, girl! It's always fun to see what's next on your creative desk! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful use of this weeks colors, love how you added the green behind your focal panel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fab card. I love the colours, (and the kitchen!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous card!
    lovely work :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous...great colors and I love your composition.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Love how you colored the panel in areas to pull in the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love this card you made. I love the whole way it's put together and the textures, it's awesome! The colors are wonderful as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's beautiful. Yay, Crafty Individuals are one of my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just lovely and so soft, makes me sigh.
    Also took a look at your art on your desk, beautiful papers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your art piece. Beautifully created.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi~

    Isn't this challenge just so much fun! This is the first week that I haven't made it there since I started. I was quite bummed out!

    Your work is beautiful! Very eyecatching...and keeps the eye looking around for another suprise!

    Thanks for sharing!

    He IS Able!
    Traci S.

    ReplyDelete
  12. THIS stamp is STUNNING as well! LOVE your design and use of colors! FAB!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW--this turned out great! I love that peeled paint!! I can't believe I used mustard instead of green! EH!!!!!!! I'm a goofball! Just love this image with the diag blue in the back! LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is just so vintage-y and beautiful Sarah! Love the watercolor look, so soft and serene. You've got the softness of the colors and the wonderful hardware of the bling. Perfect combination!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment; it makes my day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails