Sunday 26 September 2010

art journaling on a sunny weekend in Wales


We were very kindly invited to join some friends on a weekend break in North Wales this weekend.  It was fabulous, the highlight being seeing dolphins close to the shore as we paddled this morning.  Jon attempted to join them in the water but they preferred swimming alone lol!


We were staying near Aberdaron on the Lleyn Peninsula, an area in which my family spent many happy camping holidays when my sister and I were small; and I've never seen dolphins in these waters before :)


The cottage was beautifully decorated, and had STuNNiNG views...


It was unseasonably warm, but signs of autumn were definitely about ...


We had a wonderfully relaxed weekend, with time to read, play games, walk, and I had time to journal :)


As we were leaving on Friday I grabbed an old book I'd bought for the covers.  I was going to use them to make a journal but decided to use the whole book instead.  It's approximately A4 size; I didn't have any gesso with me so used layers of emulsion paint instead.


One of the owners of the book had used a felt tip pen which came through the paint.  The blue and pink rectangle is a result of this, and encouraged me to add these shades throughout the page.  


I do love the effect of my Stabilo Woody pencils (the waxy watercolour ones) on the emulsion :)

5 comments:

  1. What a fabulous creation.

    Your comment about my PDCC quilt made me smile because I have seen gorgeous stitched projects that you have done.

    I am very envious of your painting skills.

    The colours and textures you have used here are wonderful...I'm a great fan of emulsion paint.

    You are lucky spending a weekend somewhere close to my favourite place...do you know Hells Mouth Beach..just round the corner from Aberdaron.

    Have a great week
    sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an amazing get-away! So glad you had the time to enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous journal (not that you ever do anything other) and what lovely views.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love the photos, and the art journal. Especially love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OHHHHHHHHHH! WOWOWOWOW! First set of OHHHS and WOWS are for the breathtaking views! And the second OHHS and WOWS are for your creations--beautiful painting and textures and just EVERYTHING!! LOVE it:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment; it makes my day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails