Thursday 2 September 2010

Play Date Cafe Challenge #45, and another DT project :)

I'm very honoured to be the contributing artist over at The Artistic Stamper Creative Team blog for the month of September.  My 'Enveloped Steampunk' piece is featured over there today :)  But please remember to head back over here after taking a look as it's PLAY DATE time :)


Some beautifully warm, autumnal colours at the Play Date Cafe this week.


Julie chose a stunning bordeaux red, mustard and beige.  I have to say, my new camera phone hasn't really done the colours justice in this photo - sorry!


I crocheted a flower earlier in the week using a mustard coloured cotton, and I knew I had some fleece in a deep burgundy red, so I started layering.


This old cotton reel caught my eye, a perfect match for the beige, so I wrapped some new thread around it, then hunted for a flower stem and leaves.  I have just acquired a large box of clock parts so I was thrilled when I was able to put some unusual pieces together to build a stem and leaves.  


A bit of electrical tape, and some strong wire and the pieces made a perfect stem!

There's lots of inspiration over at the Play Date Cafe today, not only from our regular designers, 

but also our new private blend designer Andrea Ewen, and our guest designer Sankari Wegman.  Sankari makes truly stunning cards, and gift bags and boxes.  I love her layering, and her fabulous use of colour.

17 comments:

  1. Really beautiful piece to go with the colors this week, Sarah...always love your crochet pieces and this is really wonderful : ) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful altered piece, love the use of the spool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sarah
    Your piece for the challenge is really unusual and therefore very inspiring.

    The crochet and felt are a lovely soft contrast to the old cotton reel and the clock pieces; it really caught my eye.

    I really love it.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous piecs Sarah, and thank you for agreeing to be our guest designer this month :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous idea for your flower in a pot! Lovely crocheted flower and love the clock bits and pieces on the stem/flower.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Big thumbs up from me for both pieces, that flower is way cool, really different i like it alot

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous Sarah. i've been crocheting flowers too. they're very addictive

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the Autumn colors and that flower is so genius and amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your Steampunk envelopes Sarah, terrific. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. GET OUT---how do you come up with these creations? I LOVE it! I love that you crochet--me to---why didn't I think of that? LOVE LOVE LOVE it! You are so amazing:)

    ps....I need to email you--this weekend Trav is at work, so I should have LOTS more time:) Thinking of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderfully artistic creation, Sarah, just beautiful and the fact that you crochet is fabulous! I would love to learn something like that, I have gone into stores looking for crocheted flowers and it would be so much easier if I could make my own! Bravo to you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great piece Sarah, love the crochet flower and the stem made from the bits you acquired. Nice piece of altered art. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fantastic piece for this week's colours! I love the diverse things you come up with, they are great!! I would love to have a day inside your creative mind, it must be such a fascinating place!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So creative and beautiful, Sarah. I admire anyone who can do needlework.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the flower. If you'd make me one I'd wear it proudly on my winter hat! Any colours will be just fine!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just peeping around, Love your Blog and the 2 displays here are so Unique. Love 'em both. Thanks for the great fun...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment; it makes my day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails