Monday 20 September 2010

Elements Day Two


Bless her, Neet mentioned in a comment to me about my cheerful disposition but it wasn't until I saw this photo by Becca that I realised how smiley I was this weekend lol!  I do love teaching though, and all attendees were fab to work with, so I had a lot of fun :)



Becca took this fabulous picture of Rita and Neet too.  There were some great pieces of claywork created in Neet's classes.  Just take a look at these


Chris echoed the shape of the Cow Parsley in the clay and it just looks fab!


Lou worked her clay as one piece and added these beautifully coloured clay keyholes.


Now Lynn says this is the only time you'll ever find her ironing! ie when it's involved in creating a craft project.  The fabric element of the weekend, taught by Becca, was very popular, and many people went home last night and added more little extras to their flowers, dragonflies and other shapes.  It was such a relaxing element to do that despite being tired from a busy day, it was easy to pick up in the evening.  I added my dragonfly to the side of my box, decorating the textured book that Kay taught.


Our name badges for the weekend were just as creative as the box itself, very inventive!


Everyone worked hard, and went home with a stunning finished product.  Thanks so much everyone for making it such a wonderful weekend, and to Paddy for inviting me to be a part of it :)


I really did have fun :)

9 comments:

  1. what a fun post...brings back memories of retreat days gone by, eh?

    Your projects are all wonderful and it's great to see yours in it's completed state.

    and by the way....nice smile : ) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY--Sarah--this is so fun! I wish wish wish I was there:) You look fab in all your pics! And your creations...OH MY! TALENT x9!!! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, gorgeous gorgeous works of art! You really are that smiley when you are teaching ;-)

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I called you "Smiley Sarah" in my last comment before I had even read this post! Fancy showing me ironing - now my DH will expect me to do it all the time!

    Looking forward to the next one now (but hoping there won't be too much ironing LOL)

    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for sharing Sarah and yes you do have a very smiley disposition.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What Gorgeous work!!! and it looks like you all had a Lovely time creating together :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some fantastic art work on show.

    You are clever, Sarah to get everyone making such complicated and beautiful creations.

    Thanks for your comment on the PDCC thing, I really thought I would be deleted this week... a press of a buton and gone!!!!

    Cheers Sue xx

    It was you who started me blogging and look where it has got me....mind blowing!

    Thanks Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW Sarah! Looks like you girls had a blast! So artsy & creative - I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab post Sarah, you do have a fantastic smiley disposition, your smile is infectious! Love all of the projects too! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment; it makes my day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails