Tuesday 1 September 2009

a good storm!

Don't you just love a good storm when you are safe and dry and can just enjoy it?!  I can't say our dog Gyp was impressed, in fact, he can obviously still hear something as he's still in the cellar, even though the sun is out and the blue sky has appeared!  It's AGES since we've had a good storm.  I was sitting, counting 'elephants', as it came nearer and nearer then took myself out to the porch to listen to the thunder rumbling continuously and watch the rain and hail splash down hard.  Whilst there I finally remembered to take a photo of our new campervan!  Sorry Wendy, my memory's not great at the minute!
We bought her a couple of months ago but picked her up on our hols as she lived on the Isle of Wight.  As you can see she needs some work doing to her but she goes, and my husband loves doing projects like this (he has a VW beetle too).  My job's the interior, I've found some ace fabric for the curtains.
I love Angie Lewin's designs; you may have seen notecards using her prints in Waterstones.  And being a bit of a non-conformist, I'm avoiding the typical retro and surf designs that are common fabrics for these campers.  I adore seed-like images like this and it fits in with meadows and good times.  I've been collecting crockery on Ebay to go in the van too!  
Oh, and look what starts today!  6pm UK time to be precise :) :) :)  I'm sooooo excited, I can't wait!!!  It's what kept me going through a very stressful situation this am.  Right, best get back to sorting out my craft space, I'm having a really, really good clearout!

13 comments:

  1. Can tell you are fired up and ready to go...enjoy that workshop, girl! Can't wait to see what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm deeply jealous of your camper van :-) Let me know when she is all done and ready for you to hire out to people like me LOL! Enjoy the journaling class....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet you are all going to have great fun in your new camper van Sarah, love the fabric you have chosen too!

    Jill x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yayy! Yes do! Bring your camper van over the hills! :-)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Sarah! Love that camper van, and the curtain fabric you chose! I hope you put up a pic after the curtains are done. I'd love to see! Have fun in your workshop!... That peacock feather corset in the below post is FABULOUS!!!! Hugs, Paulette :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree, I love a storm as well - unfortunately was caught up at work this afternoon when it hit so couldn't stop and watch! Hope it blew away the stress from the morning, and also hope that was a one-off. Seeing your campervan takes me back. Off now to daydream, circa 1969....
    Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  7. i used to have the VW beatle
    LOVED that car...wish i still had it!
    it might not have A/C but it was sure fun to drive
    and comfortable too
    surprisingly enough...

    have fun restoring her!!! and then tripping around with her
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Sarah, there is the camper!, now I can visulise it. Love that fabric too, make nice cushions. I just linked you to my blog and featured you, hope that was okay?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sarah
    I'm so pleased to have found your blog, I was thinking about you the other day, I haven't seen you for years! I don't know if you remember me, I used to follow you round Jill's Demo Days - what great Days they were! Then saw you at Port Sunny a few times. I'm glad that you're still finding time to craft, and hope you enjoy doing up the camper van.
    Love Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Of course I remember you Ann! Funnily enough, I was thinking of you recently to! Glad you got in touch, :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've signed up for Julie's class too, I need to leave this chair and get busy :)
    I DO enjoy a good storm!

    Your peacock corset is fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. 1969. Oh well, my only consolation about you having been BORN then and me being in my late teens is that you missed a few very good years!!!!
    Chris x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment; it makes my day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails