Friday 28 January 2011

I should be in bed but...


I've had this idea in my head for three weeks now and I thought I'd missed the deadline for the Hero Arts monthly challenge but being 8 hours ahead really helps lol. So I'm up late, blogging but happy.  I just love Hero Arts' owls.  This is the first time I've ever entered one of their challenges so I hope I linked it all correctly over on Flickr!


The challenge was to be inspired by the new 2011 catalogue which has the most beautiful stuffed and sewn flowers on the front.  I immediately went on the hunt for an owl image I could use in a similar way!  I purchased 'A few more owls' from Two Peas in a Bucket and successfully printed this gorgeously cute creature onto a piece of felt. (I glued a piece of paper to the back of the felt and just ran it through my printer :) )  I put a second piece of felt behind the one with the image on and free machined the owl, using a thick blue thread.  I added lace, felt, rusty-ish washers and beads and am really pleased with the result :)


She will be gracing the cover of a fabric journal I intend to make very soon!  

16 comments:

  1. This is too darned adorable!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your owl is gorgeous. Looking forward to seeing your fabric journal. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your adorable owl Sarah!
    Brilliant work :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh yes, now he is completely divine!!! You know how much I love owls... and this is just another one of those gorgeous creations that I need to see! Lovng all the stitching... you are sooo clever hun x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how AMAZING and ADORABLE this is!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, 'fantastic' is all I can think to say.
    Hang on...no, there is more.
    So many ideas in one little owl.

    Glad you stayed up late.
    Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw she's just awesome, and i bet the journal will be fantastic too :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful owl, would love to meet her sometime
    Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the owl, gorgeos. Very creative, I love the free stitching and what a great idea to use on a book cover. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww...simply gorgeous. Love the word "intend" to do .....my life is full of this word but no doubt you "will do" and cannot wait to see it

    ReplyDelete
  11. oooh - just LOVE this little chap Sarah. may have to purchase the digikit!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness! Could this be any more adorable??? Sleep is over rated, you should craft 24-7 :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. OHHHHHHHHHH! This is something I want--how much and how soon can I get it? LOVE LOVE LOVE! How adorable is this? You rock! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment; it makes my day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails