Thursday 6 October 2011

my art journals IN PRINT!!!!

Oh I'm so excited, I still can't believe how much coverage the lovely Cynthia gave me in the latest issue of the stampers' sampler :) :) :)  I'm also very proud of myself that I kept it secret all this time ;)


I have to say a huge, huge THaNKYou to Julie Ranae because it was Julie who told me about the stampers' sampler artful envelope challenge earlier in the year (and sent me a punched shoe shape which I cut round to create the one featured below!).  I adore using envelopes in my journals, and to create journals from, so bravely trusted them to DHL and sent them off to sunny California!


Flicking through the magazine yesterday I could only find my work in pictures 4 and 6 above so assumed this was a heads up for the challenge being featured in the next issue.  Taking it to work to show my colleagues I discovered that the challenge was in this issue...



...and then even later (duh, I really wasn't concentrating), found the feature Cynthia had run on my 'Stamped Journaling' :) :) :)  I'm so happy, I still can't quite take it all in!!!



Thanks so much Cynthia for loving my work, and your sweet description of my talent too [whilst I describe myself as 'playing with paper, paint, inks and odds n ends', Cynthia says 'Sarah is clearly an artist and innovator as well as an experienced stamper' - how cool is that!!!!]

The Stampers' Sampler is available in the UK from Wendy at The Stamp Attic, and from Rainbow Silks.

Tomorrow I'm one of 120 bloggers taking part in a huge blog hop 'Operation Julie's Smile'.  There are over £1,500 worth of prizes in the prize pot and the hop runs the entire weekend so should be a good 'un!

20 comments:

  1. Many congratulations for the well deserved recognition! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How absolutely amazing. Woooooow. You must be over the moon. I am really excited for you too! Very well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gongratulations Sarah! off to order my copy now!
    Suzi B xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. woo hoo Sarah! What awesome coverage in print!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wooh! Wooh! and Wooh! again! Well deserved, your talent recognised well and truly! Lotsa love, Chrisxx
    ps glad I'm driving on Sat - don't think you'll have come down from the cloudLOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Huge congratulations, well deserved , fabulous coverage of your work. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, I'm really pleased for you, Sarah but not one bit surprised - your work is really special. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woohoo! Massive congratulations :-) I'll be on the lookout for that mag for sure :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Sarah! My copy has just arrived - off to read it now :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Many congratulations Sarah. What you've done looks fabulous so I'll try and get my hands on a copy.
    Rather difficult as I used to get my mags from our local Borders and miss it a lot.

    Very well done!
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sarah, I meant to look up your contact details to email you when I got my magazine last week, it is always so exciting to see someone I "know" in their! Well done indeed, the artwork was fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. congratulations Sarah - well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Do you know that I have had THAT issue on my table FOR OVER A WEEK!!!! I had NO IDEA it was THAT issue!!!!

    I am so very happy for you my friend...and they did your journals justice..they look just FAB!!!

    Can't wait to be on the hop with you this weekend!

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Look at you! Awesome Sarah! Love your work, so happy for you! I must see if I can track this magazine down in Nova Scotia. I love it when I can open up a magazine and say "see this awesome work right here, I KNOW her" :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Woohoo, way to go you!!!!! SO pleased for you, you totally deserve it. I will have to see if I can get a sneaky peek of it somehow. Well done sweetie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. What wonderful news, Sarah! You are a perfect match for the STampington and Company magazines. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  17. OH MY! Sarah--I am sooooo excited that your work is in PRINT!! What an amazing feeling--and it's amazing to see your name on those pages! SOOOOOOOO excited for you!! I love love love your work, and I also pop in on your blog often--I just haven't been able to leave a comment. I hope you are doing well--and I cannot wait to get my hands on this issue! CONGRATS:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations, Sarah!! When my issue arrived I loved flipping through the pages and absolutely LOVED these particular pages with a gorgeous journal and then realized it was yours - so awesome! I was hoping you'd post something on your blog so I could send along congratulations :-). Fabulous artwork!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment; it makes my day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails