Wednesday, 26 October 2011

WOYWW 125 -little gnomie


This morning saw me at my sewing machine again, this time making a picture of a gnome for my friend Kate, who's birthday it is on Friday.  Like me, she loves gnomes, so I thought I'd have a go at stitching a picture of one.


Now I need to make me one as I love him so much!  Especially the needlefelted beard :)  He's made up of a variety of fabrics, and mounted using an embroidery hoop.  The toadstools were a sock I found hanging around my sewing machine lol!


I'm sharing this as part of What's on your Workdesk Wednesday, a weekly event hosted by the lovely Julia Dunnit, where you get to see what everyone else has been up to today!

EDIT: I've discovered where the other sock went (and why there was a sock next to my sewing machine in the first place lol!) - my fourteen year old daughter Sophie used it to make a sock monkey :)

16 comments:

Twiglet said...

He is brilliant! I am sure he will be a very popular little gnomie. xJo

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Fabulous little gnomie and lve the toadstools. Tracy x

Helen said...

Fabulous! Love the gnomie, and the toadstools are just great!

Michelle said...

He is adorable! Thanks for sharing.

My name is Cindy said...

Isn't he just gorgeous? You just have to make yourself one ton keep!! TFS Cindy #26

Julie Ranae said...

So very cute!! I love Gnomes too and just posted about them a few days ago...thank heaven for the 1970's here in the US because that's when they became popular here : )
Beautiful work my friend xx

KSD Creations said...

Your gnome is adorable. I love that the sock was turned into a toadstool. I have a few socks I'd love to turn into something. This week's laundry was full of mismatches. I don't know where they all go.

Julia Dunnit said...

Great idea Sarah - better yet - brilliantly done! I really think he's cute, but I love the toadstools - 'specially as they are from a found sock - what happens when you find the other!! Made me giggle.

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Oh, That's clever! I haven't had the nerve to do free sewing yet, so really admire anyone who is adept at it!!
Hugs, LLJ #43 xx

JoZart said...

Love your gnome and the stripey toadstool too!
JoZarty x

CRAFTY WOMBLE said...

I love that picture - the sock made a fantastic toadstool. I am new to sewing (about 2 months in) and am doing bags to get the hang of things I can only watch this type of creativity with awe :)

MaggieC said...

That is such a cute little gnome, and how good to give him a toadstool to sit on. Lovely work.

Electra said...

This is adorable! Happy late WOYWWED!

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh how cute! I've said it before and I'll say it again - you are so talented! Look forward to catching up sometime! Have fun next week! Hugs, Chrisx

Shoshi said...

What an unusual project! I don't think I've ever seen a gnome done as a card before! Very well carried out, too! Happy belated WOYWW, Shoshi #84

Neet said...

Love your little gnome. Did you see y posting about the knitted tree - thought about you when I saw it. Thanks for sharing - Hugs, Neet x #11

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails