Wednesday 7 August 2013

the starry influence of Teesha Moore


I really, really, really struggled with this journal page.  I used a paint and ink that didn't like each other and the paint just would not dry.  It has soooooooo many layers.


I love this journal page!  I'm really pleased I persevered:)


It's a double page spread in an A4 landscape journal.  I used a new Sizzix stars die and a Stampotique star stamp from Craft Stamper  by Jo Capper-Sandon.  I've been looking at Teesha Moore's blog this week and been influenced by her writing.  I love the idea of writing in the gaps between the collage images.  I've often looked at her work in the past but as I don't use magazine/photo collage in my work hadn't really taken anything from it.

5 comments:

  1. I am glad you carried on too, it is stunning!! I love the stars, and the background - sky - is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, this is sooo beautiful. I'm so glad you keep going! The colors in these pages are just gorgeous... I love your stars and the way you wrote in the gaps also. Everything works together perfectly! BEAUTIFUL!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you persevered too, it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would find that a HUGE and difficult size to play with Sarah. I think it's lovely - the yellow and blue really zing together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I figured it was time to take a wander over here again, and what a fantastic colour combination to be greeted with. Love it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment; it makes my day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails