Friday 25 October 2013

Stampotique Challenge 122: fabric or lace



I couldn't not enter this challenge!  I love adding snippets of fabric or lace to tags in particular.   They add that extra bit of texture.  The tag was one I'd mopped up some black soot distress ink on so I darkened it a bit with some black dylusions spray, and added some texture by flicking water (and mopping it off) and stamping my favourite, favourite, favourite text stamp (Stampotique Journey Collage).


I then stamped Stampotique Moon Garden on the tag, paper pieced the moon and added stitching along the stamped lines of the image.  The girl looks a bit odd but I love how the moon flowers look!


I ended up with gold stars on the tag, when I would have preferred silver.  Couldn't find the silver, until a day after making the tag!!  Actually though, I quite like the warmth the gold brings!




13 comments:

  1. Love this Sarah. Thanks for joining us at Stampotique again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous tag, Sarah. The stars and moon look just fab.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, love the colour and all the lovely detail

    Hugs

    Jools x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous tag Sarah, Journey Collage is one of my favourite stamps too. Thanks for playing along with us at Stampotique Designers Challenge. Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have given us the moon and the stars as well as fabric, Sarah. Love how you used the Dylusions black ink spray (I have it, but have been afraid to use it!). Great tag!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you definitely need to see the close up to appreciate all the little extras here Sara. what a gorgeous tag!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful tag! Thanks for joining the stampotique DC

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is simply beautiful!! the black, the moon, the ladder... beautiful!!
    thanks for playing with us at Stampotique Designer challenge :)))
    xx
    france

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely... Thank you for sharing with us at Stampotique.
    Sarinda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Phone ate my comment so couldn't tell how fab I think this is! Just fabulous!! Chrisxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment; it makes my day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails