This month's Lavinia Stamps Challenge is 'add some beads or gems' and since I usually add some kind of sparkle to any card I make using Tracey's gorgeous stamps I decided to add some beads.
I was originally going to make a card with a beaded edging but I enjoyed making my envelopes so much yesterday I made another and added beads for texture around the toadstool houses.
Starting with my gelli plate I laid the opened out envelope (my template) underneath so I could see the area I needed to ink, and to help image placement.
You can just about see the ink I brayered on and the stamped images.
I picked up the second lot of colour onto what will be the back of the envelope, then realised I'd done it all backwards so started again, turning the envelope template over under my gelli plate (I can now hear you all shouting at me but don't worry, I get there in the end!!).
Just as I lifted this second print I realised that the first one was fine, it's an envelope, it doesn't matter which side the flaps go to fasten it!! Duh!!! Never mind, I now have two lol. I drew around the brown envelope, cut it and folded it and then forgot to take anymore step by step photos - sorry!!
The toadstools were stamped onto the envelope in order to get the fine detail around them, but I stamped and coloured them again on separate card to give them more definition and to cover up the line created by stamping over the flap at the base of the envelope.
The envelope was looking a little empty so I made a tag with a sequinned flower (when I tried this on the envelope it was too much with the beads but I really liked the idea!!)
They don't show up well with the camera but the sequins are two shades of pink and orange.
I think it still needs some more tags inside but I'm happy with what I've done so far.