Sunday 18 October 2015

Documented Life Project - October and the missing months


 My poor planner has quite a few missing journaled pages over the last few months.  I love a challenge but what with the busyness of teaching in school full time, and other demands on my time I haven't kept up with DLP until now.  Sometimes the challenge is too big!


 The October challenges, though, aren't too far from my comfort zone and so have been within reach in my limited time.  The theme for October is 'translucent papers'.


The leaves this autumn are just spectacular and I wanted to reflect that in my planner.  I used some newly purchased Paper Artsy Chalk Acrylics, my Gelli plate and some deli paper (the challenge for Oct 3rd).  The journaling around the leaf is my attempt at describing the wonderful colours of the season.



October 10th's challenge was to use tissue paper.  I had some in my drawer from a Clinique purchase which had the brand name printed on in deeper white, but this disappeared when I laid it on some paper I'd art journaled on at a Dina Wakely workshop.  I'm really pleased with the letter stencils - I've wanted some like this for many, many years and came across some recently at Fred Aldous.  They are made of waxed card so once they're all painty and inky I'll be able to incorporate the actual stencils in my work too!


This weekend's challenge was to use vellum.  I couldn't find any in my stash so improvised with a large translucent envelope.


Again using my new Paper Artsy Chalk Acrylics I began a page that could be inserted inside the 'envelope page'.


I may still add some more doodling but it's fine for now.  The 'Love with your Heart' stamp is by Visible Image and is another of my recent purchases - I had a lovely time at the Happy Stampers show, Port Sunlight, with friends :)


The fairy seemed quite apt for this time of year.  The October piece at the top of the page has been on my mind to do right from the beginning but it's taken me til now to purchase some suitable stamps!!  These are from Kaisercraft.

3 comments:

  1. great you could (kind of) catch up - and it's always great to see what you create in your DLP journal. Love that VI stamp.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helen :) And yes, it's a great stamp isn't it?!

      Delete
  2. I see my phone comment went AWOL - again - where do lost messages and up??? Good to see that you have had some time to yourself! Great stamp and fabulous page! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment; it makes my day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails