Thursday 3 February 2011

welcoming Ruby as a colour inspirer at The Play Date Cafe!

This week's challenge was described by Andrea as 'Howard and Seddon' colours - remember the architect's office from November?


I've been in crochet mood so spent last Saturday evening crocheting this little cushion.  You really need 'feelynet' to truly appreciate it, it's made with cottons so feels really soft and cuddly :)  It's equivalent in size to an A5 sheet of paper.  I did fancy crocheting a unionjack in these colours but I couldn't work it out in time so went with the seasonal idea of hearts.


If it helps any, think of these wonderful colours chosen by Ruby as three shades of red and a blue.  Your blue could be an accent, and your shades of red could be hearts, or flowers, or butterflies.  I bet they'd look fantastic on a journal page too.  Hmmm, might need to play with them there too! ;)


I started with a simple heart crocheted in pink, following a pattern I found on t'internet, then kept changing yarn colour doing around each subsequent heart; I made some of this up so there is the odd bit of wonkiness but hey, it's handmade, and my first crocheted cushion YAY! :)


I'm now rather tempted with the idea of crocheting a heart garland.....I just need more hours in a day, or more days in a week!  Check out Ruby's account of her first experience of choosing a colour story over at The Play Date Cafe and see what our designers made of this week's colours.  Have fun, and enjoy the real challenge of getting these colours to work for you - you'll be pleased you did!


19 comments:

  1. Oh Sarah, it is just so FABULOUS!!!! love, love, love your cushion :)

    lol! at 'feelynet' :)
    so true tho, when I saw your cushion that is exactly what I want to do, I'd love to pick it up and feel it's texture and softness :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always love when you surprise us with something NOT of paper and this qualifies for sure!
    Beautiful crochet work xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a happy surprise! Just a darling little heart and you MUST do a garland of them! How fabby would that be? :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the feeling of crocheted cotton Sarah! Your heart is fabby :) I checked out that garland too - you should give it a go! (just pretend you have the time!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great take Sarah, you are talented in so many artistic ways.
    Have a great day.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the crochet heart Sarah. Hope your parecel has arrived!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the crochet heart Sarah. Hope your parcel has arrived!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LoVe your cushion, it's SO funky!!! FAB job!! I need to learn to crochet! (insert stamping feet and foldy arms!!) ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW Sarah!!! You are one creative crafty lady!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I envy your talent to crochet! I wish I could...well, I can...do it! I just have to sit down and PRACTICE! Your project is so delightful and perfect for the time of year! Howard and Seddon...look out! {wink, wink}

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, yes, Sarah, a heart garland would be divine! You just need to create more time exponentially to do it in! I want to touch that little heart. Looks very soft.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous heart Sarah, wish I could crochet. A garland is a fabulous idea too. Tracy Evans x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! You are talented! Pure heart heavenly bright colors...so so lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are soooooo talented! I love love love that you paint, craft, scrap, journal, make cards, and crochet! Is there any craft you don't do??? And I love that you took a pattern off the internet. I'm a visual person!

    You always share the most amazing projects--LOVE IT! Great pillow:) And great use of the colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love love love your crocheted piece, Sarah!! Wow you are one multi-talented lady!

    ReplyDelete
  16. First one? Very good job on this pretty crocheted heart. Never tried crochet, did try knitting (flop), so I just stuck to needlepoint and now cards.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, I just love that you're so full of crafty surprises, Sarah! This is so sweet and such a beautiful take on the color story!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You go girl!! How cool is this cushion...and you crocheted it? You are definitely multi-talented!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment; it makes my day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails