Tuesday 1 February 2011

going BiG!


I was given a very large piece of wood to paint on with gloss paints today.  I decided to just 'play', like I do in my journals, to see what happened.  First I collected some junk from around The Mustard Tree building, and used some of it to print with in my piece.


I'm still not convinced it's finished, but it was finished for today with the colours I had available.  It is going up on the outside of The Mustard Tree building in Ancoats, Manchester with pieces from the other artists who work here.  Lots of talented people congregate at The Mustard Tree.  Just look at this giant head, still a work in progress, but absolutely amazing!




3 comments:

  1. What a great piece! I think it looks just fabulous. Way to Play! Thanks for sharing it with us.

    Thespa
    www.vintiquitiesworkshop.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so fabulous - it will look great on display. That head is pretty impressive, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. More working big!! and such a lovely piece of work too. Look forward to seeing what else you might do.
    Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment; it makes my day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails