Wednesday 16 November 2011

AEDM days 15 and 16, WOYWW 128 - nice parcels and some drawing


Line drawings on my 'workdesk' today (the arm of the sofa!) of a hosta leaf and a hydrangea flower.  I'm working in a large-ish square kraft notebook from Paperchase for a change (and also as I wanted to work in a sewn journal rather that a spiral bound one!).


These pages are part of an online course I signed up for called 'the art and design of surface pattern' with Beth Nicholls and Rachael Taylor.  I came across this via another AEDMer's blog and it just tugged at me 'til I signed up!  Beth's blog 'do what you love' is fab, and she mentioned how great the latest BBC documentary 'Frozen Planet' was.  So, with plenty of time in front of the tv today...


... I did some blind contour drawings of some of the penguins.  You just hAvE to watch these guys by the way, who knew there were criminal penguins!!!


My owls are coming along too...


And I'm pleased with yesterday's journal page playing with circles.  


This is based on a photograph I took a few days ago of the bubbles in my bath water!  I printed it out A4 size, cut out the larger bubbles and sprayed gold paint through this stencil.  The other 'bubbles' were traced onto the page.  Yesterday also brought me some goodies in the post...


... so now I can peruse your article Kate :)  I also received the prize I won in a raffle at the Great Northern Contemporay Craft fair.  These are so pretty!



And today's post brought these stencils I ordered a couple of weeks ago now from the US (and had forgotten about!)


Antibiotics are kicking in so feeling a little better, thanks so much for the well wishes :)  If you'd like to see more work in progress head over to What's on your Workdesk? Wednesday at the Stamping Ground, and you can keep up with the 'Art Every Day Month'ers over at Creative Every Day.

23 comments:

  1. Gosh, Sarah, there is loads going on here!! Love those stencils... and I have really been enjoying the Frozen Planet (have it on now..)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are feeling a little better Sarah. Love your drawings and your new purchases. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh! Hope you feel better soon! Been looking back at your art - really impressive! Bought myself some more stencils last week - a girl just can't have too many lol!
    Not been having a great time recently - will ring you soon, hugs, Chrisxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of good stuff going on! I love the drawings, and those stencils look very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are feeling a bit better. Yes, those baddie penguins had my children and I hooting with laughter! Love your journal page with circles, cos u know I just LOVE circles! and I can't wait to see what you do with those stencils .... X

    ReplyDelete
  6. You sure get a lot done for somebody who doesn't feel well--LOL! Love the penguin sketches! Great sketchbooks, too.

    I hope you enjoy that course. Looks challenging and interesting. :)

    Hope you are back to your best soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. :) i can't sit without something in my hands!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you're on the up :)

    The sketches are very good, much better than mine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know how you are feeling ...have spent three nights sleeping sitting up.Great sketches ...wish i could draw ...maybe I need lessons.
    As for Frozen Planet ...was happil;y watching until a mum bird kicked her reluctant chick off the cliff. He wasn't ready and plumeted to the ground ...then bounced hard about three times, down a hill. We all cheered as he stood up and walked off ... straight into the mouth of a ?fox ...we turned it off shouting NO.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lots of goodies there, Sarah - lubbly jubbly stencils and I love your penguins. Missed that bit on the show, although I watched most of it - must've been a loo break, lol. LOVE that programme. Love your free drawings. Great earrings, too. Excellent post day - just what a girl needs now and again!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the drawings, and those bubbles too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great Desk, love the line drawings, happy WOYWW. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the sketchbook pages and you have had a huge day with all the pressies coming in the mail... and by the way how can I be mad if I love David Tennant too... have a huge poster behind the door of my studio... so delicious isn't he xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's small things that add up to us all being so different - I cannot bear to work in a stitched bound book, drives me nuts! Mind you - I can't do the sort of line work drawing that you can, there's another difference! Love that you can sit on the sofa in front of the TV and still produce such loveliness.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your drawings are lovely and the penguin ones show their gait perfectly...such movement.
    Bath water bubbles, now there is a unique source of inspiration; very amusing;)

    The earrings are unusual, you will enjoy wearing them. Seems as if you had a good day and beating the bugs too!
    Gwen xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fab post, fab line drawings, especially those quirky penguins captured in so few squiggles. Frozen Planet has certainly captivated the nation! Get fully well soon and take some echinacea tablets for a few weeks to boost your ability to keep well this Winter. I take them November and March and never get colds, infections etc. and I'm eons older than you.
    Hugs JoZarty x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad you are feeling a bit better. yes we love Frozen planet - the penguins were amazing last night. Your post was fab - so much gorgeousness to peruse! x Jo #64

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your sketches and isn't it wonderful when you get things you forgot your ordered.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow - this post is full to the rim with inspiring creativity! Love the botanicals and the bubbles. And yes, penguins are absolutely fascinating creatures!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your work, hope your feeling better you've been quite busy!, love the new stash, will pop over to the stamping ground. Have a lovely weekend, Amanda

    Art Blog
    Amanda - Realityarts-Creativity

    ReplyDelete
  21. All lovely - especially the penguins - they really are real life cartoons:-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I laughed that you forgot an order you placed. Guess that's why I don't do online shopping. But it's nice to know you are feeling better. and those earrings are super. I also like the stencil and how you used it in your art journal. I'm a very late #1 this week.

    ReplyDelete
  23. ooooh that was soo funny, those penguins especially the robber who didnt like being robbed. Now what did I come to your blog for????
    Bridget #29

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment; it makes my day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails