Sunday 6 November 2011

AEDM day 6 - an autumnal walk in the countryside


I am very lucky to live really close to the Cheshire countryside so this afternoon saw us taking a walk in Tatton Park.  As it's 'Art Every Day Month' I dutifully took my sketchbook and drew some of the things I saw and liked,  as directed by Carla Sonheim in her book 'Drawing Lab'.


It still needs the colour adding to it, but I'm happy to have done some drawing!


I chickened out of drawing the deer though and just took photographs instead ;)

8 comments:

  1. It was a beautiful day in Cheshire today.....we also took a walk...along the Whitegate Way before a yummy pub lunch! Like your drawings....I only did the pics thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice drawing, and yes, it's been glorious - so I sorted the van ready for winter. Oh well, at least it was outside :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, love your sketches! I love the quote at the top of your blog, too! Nifty idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your drawing style. Your stitching is great too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your photos are beautiful. I like the way you drew the individual leaves as well as the trees.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos and I love the drawing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love getting a peak into people's sketchbooks and this is a great page... you are lucky to live so close to a beautiful and inspiring place xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your tree is fab...it made me laugh as it looks like it is going for a walk. Go and have another look at it...am I right or am I right. Brilliant!
    Gwen xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment; it makes my day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails