Monday 7 November 2011

AEDM day 7 - an online colour tool


Jane LaFazio featured this on the Sketchbook Challenge blog and I just LoVe it!  It's slightly annoying in that it doesn't seem to be able to see yellows but I think it really has potential re looking at the colours you use in your work, and I also think that the swatches would make a great starting point for a second piece of work.


I did the circle painting first and was a bit disappointed by the results.  As you see, no yellow!  But my other image choices gave better results.


The program is called 'Colour Generator'.  You just upload a photo and it creates a number of swatches featuring the colours you've used.  Cool isn't it?!!

7 comments:

  1. It is really cool and sets you off on the next idea. Brilliant!
    Jenny Doh has something similar on her blog, based on the colours from food! Have you seen it.
    Gwen xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is sooo cool! I love your journal pages and your colors!! FUN!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks fun! Can't wait to try it out. Love your journal pages:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Had a sleepless night after my unkind comment about your beautifully sketched tree. Hope it will forgive.
    On a lighter note, Kirstie is on tomorrow, I believe she is felting; felting needles at the ready and poised to go. :)
    Have a good day.
    Gwen xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woooo! this looks good! Hope you are still enjoying yourself -will be in touch soon with hopefully some good news at last! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I participate in the Sketchbook Challenge too, but I don´t have time to read the blog very often so I´ve missed that blogpost. I will go check it out. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment; it makes my day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails