After creating a paper template of the seahorse, I rolled out the clay, cut around the template then added the stripes across his body.
I then added texture to his various sections. In some areas I've pressed a shape in eg rubber stamps, pen top lid, a bizarre metal something..., and in others I added bits.
My favourite additions are the tiny bits of stamped clay which feature numerals! I then went on to play around with the clay a bit. I was intending to make an angel based on a cone shape but ended up with a slam pot! [that's what gives it the wrinkles down near the base, a good slam on the table]
It's a bit odd looking, but I like it :)