Tuesday 29 November 2011

AEDM day 29 and shared art

(photo by Gwen of Foxglove Hill)

I met Gwen of Foxglove Hill through AEDM and greatly admired the flowers she was making at the same time as I was making my felt ones.  So we planned a trade - my felted flowers are heading her way but her muslin ones arrived at mine today.  Thanks so, so much Gwen, they are STuNNiNG!


Not much time for art over the past few days but I did manage to get some work done on some tags.  I love circles and used some scraps of paper and my sewing machine to add some pattern.


I've been identifying patterns I like as part of my surface design course and interpreted this one using a previously inked baby wipe, some scraps of paper and my sewing machine.  Now I'm off to celebrate with my sister - it's her 40th birthday today :)

5 comments:

  1. I am glad they arrived so promptly and that you think they are ok.
    Your tags are full of interest and texture. I have been making some for tomorrow's post but yours are so much more interesting.

    Have fun!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice trade and tags! Never would have thought of baby wipes--LOL! I like the color and texture that brought to the tag.
    Hope you're having a good week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow what a great trade... I have loved AEDM and all the wonderfullness that it has brought... and your tags... how great are they... you are rockin the creative thing with the different materials and things... I have to expand my thinking ...xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah, i love your work. I have seen many of your creativities on other blogs as well. they are remarkable. :)
    This tag is also a lovely one, but don't you think to add some glittering on the brown background?
    valentine gifts pakistan
    Gifts to pakistan

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment; it makes my day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails