Sunday 8 November 2015

stamps, stencils and masks

This month's challenge theme, over at Art to the 5th, is 'stamps, stencils and masks' and this week's art challenge is to use stencils - made or bought.


I have tonnes of stencils, and love using them, so decided to cut some of my own for this project using stencil card from Hobbycraft.  I started by cutting out a leaf - which ended up as a mask rather than a stencil ...


...and then I didn't end up using it!!  Suspect there will be a 'mask' week sometime this month though so I'll likely use it then.


I took one of my plain pink gelli prints from last weekend and added Dina Wakley acrylic paints over the top with a baby wipe...


..and once that was dry, added some stamping using a circle stamp, and background script stamp from Lavinia Stamps with Eggplant Adirondack ink.


I cut out a simple heart stencil and sponged white paint through before adding a stamped flower (made using funky foam - sooooo easy to cut out!!)


I also cut out some tiny round rectangles in funky foam and stamped with these on my page using black ink.  There's some additional stamping on there too, along with pencil marks, some music paper and some gold paint.


I wasn't keen on my flower last night, and realised that I like layers on my pages rather than single (ish) pages.  I was going to stamp the flower out again onto music paper, cut it out and stitch it to the page but I had another look this morning and decided I like it after all!


Well, enough to live with it anyway!!  :)

5 comments:

  1. Looks good Sarsh
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you had a sneaky glass of wine tonight Amanda?!! Lol, I know it's a typo really but made me smile.
    thanks for stopping by

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funky foam printing - I love!!!! Gold?…..oh yeah!! This looks great Sarah!! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work Sarah (or is that Sarsh?!) Love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice nice nice!! Love the stencils - the layers.... And I love Brenda Euland!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment; it makes my day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails