Tuesday, 17 November 2015

gelli print toadstool resists

I've been wanting to play with this gorgeous stamp for a while now - and it turns out this small fairy chain is the perfect size for a tag.

My original idea was to create a painted background for the fairies using my gelli plate but I just wasn't feeling it!  Sometimes you just have to leave something that's not working - and it can end up working differently when you return to it another time.

So I started again and this time used a single colour of paint and decided to see what happens when paint is lifted off the gelli plate with a Lavinia stamp.  I was really pleased with the effect but the magic occurred when I added the distress ink, which is resisted by the acrylic paint :)

This was a fab project to work on and I'll certainly be playing with this idea further.  If you want to know/see more, my step by step guide to creating this tag is over on the Lavinia Stamps website .

Thanks for visiting today :)


  1. on, wow, Sarah!! This is fabulous - I love your fairies dancing under the toadstools.

  2. Fabulous result I love it!
    Amanda x

  3. Love the colours and patterns in your background...not sure about the fairies.. but I still love the end result !
    Corrie x

  4. Ha! I knew there was something I was going to do the other day! I loved this when I saw it on my phone and now I see it bigger I can see those sparkly stars - brilliant! Hugs, Chrisx


Thanks for leaving a comment; it makes my day!!


Related Posts with Thumbnails