Thursday 5 November 2015

tea bags on a journal page


I've really enjoyed this month's challenges from the Documented Life Project where the theme has been translucent papers.


The final challenge was to use tea bags or dryer sheets so I emptied out a teabag and trapped a leaf and some coloured papers inside using wax.


The scratch sheet from my recent play with my gelli plate had an excellent array of colours and texture, providing a number of options as the background for my tea bag.


I decided on the darker blue and stitched it to the page.


I have a fair collection of leaf stamps and chose these lovely oak leaves to add to the page.  This may or may not be finished - I might add some words cut out of a poetry book!

6 comments:

  1. That was so interesting to read and the end result is fabulous!
    Thanks for the visit.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the background, and the leaves are wonderful. You're on a creative roll for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol yes! Once I'd made myself just 'play' I had the creative juices at the weekend to make some planner pages :)

      Delete
  3. Wow -a real sense of strength in this page - love it! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Chris, good to hear what others seen in the artwork :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment; it makes my day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails