Tuesday 3 November 2015

documented life project + gelli prints + glassine


I used one of my gelli prints (see previous post) as the basis for this page in my planner,


The DLP art challenge was 'glassine' so I'd used some of my glassine envelopes whilst I was playing with my gelli plate.  I added this to my page with a Pritt stick and was pleased with the effect - think I'll use this technique again.


As the leaf wasn't standing out as much as I'd hoped I added coloured pencils, then watercolour.


Stamping added some further interest - the word 'astonishing' seemed rather an apt description of the trees this autumn and came from a recent Paper Artsy purchase!



I still wasn't happy with my leaf though so cut a gelli printed leaf out and stitched it to the page before adding some gold foil.



I put the glue through a stencil which added a strange effect to the leaf but I think I can live with that!


6 comments:

  1. It's an ooh! and an aah! from me! ! This really is amazing Sarah - such a fabulous colour combination! I love how you sewed the leaf onto the page! Have a good week! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris! The gold looks better in real life!

      Delete
  2. And another ooh! From me, love this Sarah
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Amanda! It was a fun project

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment; it makes my day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails