Thursday 19 November 2015

art journaling in my bible

I have a confession!  I can't remember the last time I did any art journaling in one of my journals!  I adore making tags and they are often my 'go to' when I want to make something small or quick...


...and I've been doing my planner pages some months


but the other place I've been art journaling is in my bible.


I appreciate this isn't for everyone, but I've found it's made me want to read my bible more, and the visual imagery means I remember things better. Sometimes it's like a treasure hunt - I adore the imagery of stars and there's plenty of references to them so lots of opportunities to play!


One of my favourite pages is one of the simplest ...


Journaling bibles like this one, with extra wide margins to write in (or stencil, paint, doodle, stamp...) had sold out worldwide but they are now back in the shops....


...and my latest imagery hunt is for references to autumn and spring rains!  I think I may be affected by the current weather ;)

4 comments:

  1. Oh Sarah! These star pages are wonderfully uplifting! As for the rain - I'm thinking you can have too much of a good thing! Off up North for a few days - raindrops are raindrops anywhere!!! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your pages look fabulous. Something puts me off working in bibles, despite not having a strong faith, (maybe that's why) it seems a bit disrespectful .. but then I use other book pages so that also seems a bit contrary of me!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I get the whole 'is it right to do that to a bible'! I couldn't ever tear one up but I've always written notes in the margins and this one is published specifically with extra space to do that. It means I read my bible more so .... But I totally understand it's not for everyone :)

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment; it makes my day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails