Friday, 14 September 2012
from doodle ... to journal page
After slapping a few shades of yellow and orange down on a page I decided I needed my main image to be in black and white...
... so I took some paper that I'd painted stripes and dots onto, and cut out some rectangular shapes in order to create a fern. This was based on a doodle I'd done a few months back...
After sticking the rectangles onto the page I used a stick dipped in india ink (a favourite technique of late) and outlined the leaves and created the stem.
I added a few splashes of black ink in the background too, along with some textual stamping.
There are a couple of snippets of red paper in there too. This page came about after watching some of Jane Davies' work on youtube. I've just signed up for her 'Extreme Composition' online workshop which went live this week so I'm planning on getting some 'playing' done this weekend, between report writing that is! Ahh, the life of a teacher lol