Sunday 9 September 2012

Nooooooooooo! Not peach!!! PDCC148



I know I've said it before, but I am highly allergic to the colour peach!  I can't stand it!  Yet rename it 'Wild Honey' and I'm fine.  This week's play date cafe colours are navy blue, peach and stone and look so elegant together in the colour story (and in the DT samples!)


So, not to be beaten by a mere colour, and as useful procrastination (I should be typing out my planning), I set too with a tag.


I dabbed my wild honey distress ink on the back of a plastic wallet (I think I own a bit of teflon sheet but this works just as well and there's usually something plastic to hand!) and spritzed it before picking up the colour on some white paper.


I repeated this with some Dr Ph. Martins Hydrus watercolour, creating some dark blue paper to cut out on my Big Shot. It's not my favourite tag, but I'm happy with that peach  wild honey so I'll tick it off as a success :)

5 comments:

  1. I think that shade of blue with the peach (sorry! - wild honey) looks fab Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL...well, your rocked the peach! Thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome tag Sarah!! Love how you used the colors - it looks great!! Thanks for joining us again this week at the Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's something about this tag that I'm really drawn to. I love the color usage and color combination and also the texture as well. There's a subtlety to the tag that I love as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your post is cracking me up. Yes, the "peach" looks awesome on your *fabulous* tag! Thanks for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment; it makes my day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails