Sunday 23 February 2014

Angie Lewin at the Yorkshire Sculpture Park

Angie Lewin is one of my favourite artists.  She is a printmaker, painter and designer and produces beautiful work based on nature.


My daughter and I went to see her latest exhibition at the Yorkshire Sculpture Park this week. The park has been on my list of 'places to visit' for a long while now (last time I tried to visit we were prevented by snow!) so it was great to finally get there.  It was our last opportunity to see this exhibition as it finishes today.


The pathway into the visitors' centre made us smile.  I'm assuming it's individuals and companies who've contributed finances to the park but it included my name (ish!!)



I particularly loved the driftwood pieces!





... and the opportunity to see some original sketchbook pages and the tools Angie uses.



Outside in the park even the trees look sculptural.....


... although I found some of the sculptures a bit odd (I prefer the landscape as landscape) there were some fun ones!


The 'Wired for Wellbeing' exhibit had lots of people there on the day we visited, some making speeches.  It reminded me of the wire sculptures we made at the Arts and Faith weekend a couple of weeks or so ago.


5 comments:

  1. One of my favourite places-looks as though we missed something! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a fab place - I used to work just a couple of miles from there - handy place to nip to for nice relaxing linch with a bit of culture thrown in! Angie Lewin's work is inspirational. x Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angie Elwin's work looks really lovely .... So many talented people ... Loved the picture on the drift wood ... Thanks for showing the photos on your post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a great day out - wonderful art - I love the driftwood too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I find this to be one of the most complete exhibit I have every seen, Sarah, complete with tools. Just magnificent. It is pretty amazing outside, too! Thanks for sharing your photos with us...and, yes, the name SANDERSON immediately popped off the page at me! A perfect thing to share with your daughter!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment; it makes my day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails