Friday 18 April 2014

a touch of art journaling

 I hope you've enjoyed the Stampotique blog hop; it's still open for another few days if you've not had chance to join in yet.  I've continued to enjoy playing with the new stamps and this time decided to make a journal page.


One of France's new stamps says

so I decided to use this as a challenge for a page.  I can't say I pushed myself out of my comfort zone with my colour choices, but I did by
- stamping the words and phrases 'cockeyed' rather than vertical or horizontal
- adding doodled marks
- using different inks which blotched and didn't blend in, and leaving them on the page rather than trying to blend them in


I wasn't sure about this page at first but it's growing on me ;)  What would you do to move outside your comfort zone in the projects you make?  I'd love to know.


Stampotique stamps used:

5 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous journal page spread, Sarah!! Love the colours, and that stamp from France is wonderful - what a great sentiment. Hope you enjoy Easter, pushing outside your comfort zone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a whole load of painty pleasure, considering you were out of your comfort zone!! Love it! (Hmmmm! Do I need that stamp?) Off now to rush around like a mad thing!! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I echo Chris's sentiments here - love the painty result and I NEED that stamp, too :-D Sounds like another challenge to me and I haven't yet forgotten the gelli plate challenge. Happy Easter to you and those you love, Sarah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great combination of stamps and colors, Sarah! Love your journal spread today!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment; it makes my day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails