Monday 12 May 2014

lavinia stamps challenge #5


It's my husband's cousin's fiftieth birthday on Saturday so he asked me to make a card and, although I've made a couple of others (which I'll share soon), I decided to enter this one into this month's Lavinia Stamps challenge as this really is a card for a 'birthday girl'.


I added some more layers to a gelli printed piece of card then cut the numerals '5' and '0' from it.  I knew I wanted to add some flowers but it took me ages to work out an effective background.  This one is adirondack stream sponged over white card, french verse 2 stamped in stream, then splashes of water to give texture.  This was my third attempt at a background; I recycled one of the others into two tags...


..I decided to be a bit brave and use some different coloured inks to stamp the flowers.  This proved a bit busy for the background of my 50th birthday card but worked perfectly with some fairy silhouettes on my tags.


I particularly liked using some of my newest Lavinia stamps, the zen blossoms, around the edge of the tags.



5 comments:

  1. Brilliant card, love the blue and green combination (dispelling the saying that they should never be seen, lol) and so are the tags!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favourite colour combos on your card :-D Love the tags, too - great use of colour and I agree, the flowers/blossoms are wonderful - as is that flipping verse!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful creations.....pretty card, and wonderful tags. Love the colours you've used. Thanks for sharing in the challenge at Lavinia Stamps.
    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card and fairy tags! I love that you hand-cut the number for the 50th b'day card. Amazingly well done!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment; it makes my day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails