Friday 30 May 2014

what if this isn't me?

I've been doing a lot of 'rummaging around' on the internet recently, watching you tube videos, visiting lots of blogs, and I kept seeing clouds!  



So I decided to use Janet's wonderful '2 nuages' for this week's project for Stampotique.


I started with a glassine envelope and decided I'd like a dark blue tag tucked inside to give the impression of a blue sky.


I LoVe AA Milne's Winnie the Pooh stories and knew I'd find a cloud quote there as Pooh pretends to be a cloud in an attempt to get some honey from up a tree.  If you don't know the story I can highly recommend it; you can read it here, although the very best way (in my opinion) is to listen to the wonderful Alan Bennett read it to you.  I have it on cassette so am very pleased to discover it's now available on itunes!!


But whilst googling the quote I came across another one from a different Pooh bear story which just made me smile, and since I have a rabbit stamp...!


Stampotique Stamps used:

Thanks for visiting!

7 comments:

  1. oh, that's such fun, Sarah!! Love the blue tag hiding inside the cloudy envelope!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah I love the tag you have made.... And putting with the pooh bear quote works so well. I went to I tune and bought the book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great story behind this. Love it and putting the blue inside is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You don't need to pretend to be anyone else - this is just you!! Making me smile again! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the layering of the tag and envelope, Sarah! And, since I love all things Pooh!, I love your project today! Love the supportive story and the resultant art, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent! The blue behind the glassine works really well. Love the clouds and the quote.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Got to love a bit of Winnie the pooh!, and pretty sure it was voted the best children's book of all time recently. Personally I love Eeyore- what's not to love about a witty, grumpy donkey?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment; it makes my day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails