Friday 9 May 2014

smitten moustache monsters


I just LoVe Kira Nichols' smitten moustache monsters so decided to have a play around with them in one of my journals.  They have so much potential though that I know I'll be using them again!! [I so want to colour in their moustaches but decided this page had enough colour!!]


I appear to have a good collection of love-themed stampotique stamps!  After spraying my page with Dylusions inks, and splashing some water on them and dabbing it off, I stamped 'metal love' three times, thinking of the Beatles song 'all you need is love'!  I then repeatedly stamped the heart from the top of 'Oh...Tree' because I couldn't find my 'Daniel's hearts' stamp ...


... then found it and went to town with looooooooooooooads more hearts!!  I had a good time colouring some of them in with my watercolour pencils.


The smitten moustache monsters have been stamped on top of the words and then I stamped them onto paper too and cut them out - it's just a good way of keeping the little details that are impossible to cut out (like the curly ends of moustaches!!)

For those of you in the UK, the new release stampotique stamps are on their way and you can pre-order smitten moustache monsters, amongst others, at The Stamp Attic.

Stampotique Stamps Used:

5 comments:

  1. When you wrote in the SDB that you didn't know how you had resisted coloring your images, I mentally yelled, "No! No! No!" Glad, in the end, you agreed! I love the stark white of your wee monsters against all that color! Lovely background, too, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A brilliant 'smiley' page! Loving the bright colours! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love ... these page ! the smitten monsters look fab in their black and white originalness !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous pages! They are so wonderful those monsters, love them too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOh, missed this - gorgeous stuff. Love the colours x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment; it makes my day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails