Tuesday 19 August 2014

Art in the Pen

Last Saturday my son, daughter and I went on a lovely trip over to Skipton to 'Art in the Pen' which I'd heard of before but it had always clashed with our summer hols.


I actually only remembered about it as I follow Anne Brooke on Facebook (her work above/below) and she posted some photos of her preparations for the event.  Skipton is only an hour and a half drive away and with nothing else planned for our Saturday off we went.


I ended up spending some money!!


I love my driftwood piece by Anne Brooke, and my "little tin to keep my treasures in"!


I also added to my collection of pieces by Helen Russell who recently added owls to her 'blob birds'.  I love owls :)


Another treat was a little book by Michelle Holland with covers made from driftwood, sea glass and ceramics.  I love the effect of fired glass (I am sure it has a proper term but I don't know what it is!!)



I couldn't resist Michelle's teeny tiny books and added one to my piece of driftwood.


It was my twenty-third wedding anniversary on Sunday and 'Art in the Pen' gave me the opportunity to buy a unique present for my husband.  He got a woodpecker made from scrap metal from the amazing Gavin of Frailloop....


...and I snuck in a snail for me!!


My final purchase, a little needle book from Joan Newall of PagePaperStitch.




There was tonnes and tonnes of other gorgeous artwork, loads of inspiration and friendly artists to chat to.... and the entrance fee was only £2!!  I can highly recommend it.

4 comments:

  1. it sounds and looks a fascinating day out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This would have been a treasure just to attend, Sarah, but you came away with lots of treasures--especially those two metal pieces for your garden! An amazing place; an amazing day trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! Lucky you - this looks fabulous-wish I'd remembered it! Looks as though you got some lovely buys with your holiday money!!! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  4. WoW! What a collection of goodies you brought home! Looks like a great day of fun :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment; it makes my day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails