Tuesday 27 December 2016

apothecary, a step by step journal page



I've been playing with some of my Christmas present goodies so thought I'd share a step by step to this journal page.


I've ummed and ahhed over these Prima watercolours for a while as I have watercolours already but decided to put them on my wishlist and my kind bro-in-law bought them for me for Christmas. [If you've not already discovered it, it's worth knowing that That's Crafty has a wishlist facility.  I just add things I'd like and relatives hop on and choose things for me for Christmas and birthdays!!]


I added the watercolours to my new star stamp by Carabelle Studio and stamped on the page, then added some puddles of colour.


My next step was some collaged papers as I wasn't sure where this page was going.


Stencilling with white is one of my 'go to's when things are looking a bit busy on a page.


I added some stamping using some of my favourite numeral stamps and some textured Paper Artsy images.


My family know me well and my daughter wrapped up some White Company tissue paper (it's very architectural) as a Christmas pressie!  I added a bit to the page..


... before adding patches of letraset lettering.


I finished off the page by stamping out some images on white paper and cutting them out.  The leaves and bottles are by Paper Artsy, the Apothecary label is by Makistamps, and there are a couple of Chamil Garden stamps in there too.

 I am a much more frequent Instagrammer [@sarahthemoodler] than I am Blogger.  This time I had a bit of a play with the filters on IG and rather liked how this piece looks in black and white.

                                      

5 comments:

  1. Well, look who is in my reader list! I haven't joined Instagram (yet??) so it is lovely to get this post to read - and a fab journal page too. Hope you have a very happy and healthy new year. xx Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thanks Helen, sorry I've not been appearing much here this year. Am going to be trying to put more on here next year! Instagram is as addictive as Pinterest - you've been warned!!

      Delete
  2. looks lovely Sarah! Am eagerly awaiting my three sets of Prima watercolours arriving from the US, they're on their way :) Have you see the Tombow coloured pencil sets, they have some GORGEOUS colours which are not found in other sets.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment; it makes my day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails