Saturday 14 January 2017

Craft Stamper 3d Challenge: Altoid Tin


I finally got my hands on a copy of Craft Stamper yesterday and the day before, my project had been returned to me in the post so I thought I'd share some more detailed photos of the project.


We were sent an altoid tin (complete with mints!) to alter and I had it a while before I could decide what to do with it.  Sometimes I'm my own worst enemy, wanting to do something a bit different and not what you'd expect. 


The Happy Stampers show at Port Sunlight was coming up so I decided to look out for inspiration there; stamps or embellishments etc.  I adore old typewriters so when I came across the 'chunky vintage typewriter tag' by Crafty Individuals, which was surrounded by telephone and postcard theme stamps on the stand, I decided on my theme.


I didn't have the tin with me but was pretty sure the image would fit.  When it didn't, it gave me the opportunity to layer postage stamps, bits of envelope and other ephemera underneath a 'fussy cut' image of the typewriter (and the telephone inside the tin).


Inside the tin I added more collage, this time from the 'Chunky Vintage Telephone Tag'.  I stamped the pretty edge of the stamp with distress ink and tore it off to use in the collage - I just love bits and pieces like that.


The tin was hammered, painted with layers of paint, and sanded with a sanding tool to get the distressed look.  I loved the idea of a battered old tin storing typewriter ribbons (although I think they're round!).  I love tiny collage so much I even added some to the back of the tin.


The tin stores a tiny collection of tags and cards of encouragement that can be slipped in some happy mail or tucked in a friend's bag for encouragement.  Most of these use 'Paisley Script Background' and distress inks.  Crafty Individuals have a great range of postcard stamps too and they look amazing just stamped with black ink on white card!


2 comments:

  1. I got my copy of CS last week, and loved the tin - it's great to see more details of the project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so good to see more of this fabulous tin - look forward to seeing it IRL! Chrisxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment; it makes my day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails