Saturday 5 December 2009

the art of wordle-ing

Whilst doing a bit of blog hopping this afternoon I came across this blog - rooftops-rapture ,which referred to wordle-ing (anything with a fab name like that is worth investigating!).  Just look what it does :)


You can put your own words into the program at http://www.wordle.net/, or pick a website, or your blog, and it will pick the words out for you.  The larger the word, the higher its frequency in the text!  How cool would this be as a journal page :)

Let me know if you have a go, it looks a bit addictive to me, but then I love text and lettering!

6 comments:

  1. I may have to try this.... later today I am off to teach a class in a minute.... THANKS for stopping by my blog and commenting on my Play Date Card..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't this fun? I tripped onto this site about a year ago and had lots of fun creating different word combinations. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That site is great Sarah! I've made one too, using the first two lines of a Rutter carol (feeling Christmassy...)

    Here's the link: http://www.wordle.net/show/wrdl/1418217/What_Sweeter_Music

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will get myself over there, but like you, I may find it a bit addicting!

    Great find!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what fun Sarah, if I ever find five minutes I am off over there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Sarah

    occasionally I landed on your blog and didn't want to go without writing you a word. I very like the artwork you do and am sure to take a look again from time to time.

    By the way, right now I have a Christmas Candy to give away, if you like try your luck; http://creawitch.blogspot.com/2009/11/weihnachts-candy.html

    Love from Karina

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment; it makes my day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails