Thursday 31 December 2009

pdcc#10: dusky pink, turquoise and dark brown

Yummy!! 



This is a popular colour combination and I found quite a few scrapbook papers in my collection with these colours.    However, it actually originated from a necklace a friend bought me earlier this year. If you need new colour inspiration, or just want a bit of a jump start to get going on a project, looking at something you own for a colour combo should always be successful - after all, you chose the accessory/clothing because you liked it!! In certain lights this necklace is more of an orange with turquoise and brown but during the transition from camera to computer it's become a more dusky pink, which I rather liked, so that's what I've used!.



I've been crocheting a lot recently and when I saw a card with some tiny crocheted flowers on I decided I'd give it a go.



So your challenge this week is to use

turquoise      dark brown      dusky pink

as the main colours in a project of your choice.  And since it's a new year, why not try something new in your work at the same time?  Happy New Year everyone!!



Apologies for the delay in this post; I have no idea why it didn't post as scheduled!

9 comments:

  1. Oooh I like that card... may try those colours in my next art journal page....x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah.. this is BEAUTIFUL.. I love the way you embossed the card.. and flower is just wonderful.. you are so talented.. :) I can't wait to see what you come up with from the bird family stamp.. HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely colour combo :-) And I LOVE the crocheted flowers (crochet is a mysterious art to me!) Happy new year, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colours you've chosen. Happy New Year x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finally out of bed...what, no bad links to report??? : )

    This is a really beautiful piece and SO Sarah! The colors are a hit and I can't wait to see what everyone does with them!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year Sarah! Wishing you lots of fun creating time in 2010, along with the usual health, happiness and all the rest of that good stuff! I love your card, those colors and your crochet flower too. It's just Charming! xoxo Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these colours, Happy New Year! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a pretty card Sarah! Thank you for this week's amazing color combination :) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your card, Sarah! I love crocheted flowers--mine never turn out as well as yours, which is why they don't show up on my cards! Still trying, though!

    Happy New Year to you and your family! It's going to be a good one, I can tell!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment; it makes my day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails