Tuesday 1 December 2009

funky flowers on an icy morning

I love frosty mornings.  And it was so nice to have our first proper frost on the today, it makes it feel like Christmas really is just around the corner!

Over on The Stampman blog, Jill is giving away some Christmas blog candy, and as a winner you can pick one of these fabulous stamp sets by Kay Carley:


Daisies are one of my favourite flowers in crafting so I got out my sewing maching last week, along with my cuttlebug, and had a great time making these cards using the funky flowers stamp set...




I stamped a LOT of flowers out on a piece of white card and then sat, cutting them out, whilst in the cafe whilst George climbed at the climbing centre.  That meant I could play about with layering them, and making a background piece.
 
The turquoise piece hiding away there is some starburst stain paper Jill gave me at the Port Sunlight show.  I love detail white embossing powder and got it out to make the next background...


The word is from the fancy flourishes sheet.



All my cards used to lean towards being very plain with central images and it wasn't until I made this one that I realised it's been ages since I made cards like that!  Don't you just love the swiss dots EF?!!

8 comments:

  1. Sarah, it is awesome, great use of play time all around. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous stuff, Sarah! Love those flowers--and yes, I adore the Swiss Dot! Hope your having a beautiful, frosty day--happy December!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're gorgeous. Love Swiss Dots. I wish I was brave enough to use a sewing machine on my work - never plucked up the courage - sewing and me don't mix well, I'm totally inept. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to see this finished. Looks great. Love the stitching. Swiss dots rock.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the b&w with just splash of color...that is my favorite right now! This is fab!
    Do you know...I finally got my sewing machine out and ready to go, but for some reason, my needle is catching on the bobin case..the metal bit that holds the bobin in place...I don't know what to do, but I sure want to get it done...whatever it is! : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. These cards are beautiful Sarah! I'm a daisy lover myself, and a swiss dot lover too! Sooo pretty!
    Hugs, =D

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are great cards. The dots, the flowers, the layers, the everything!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! This looks amazing! I must admit I love embossing with white as well. It comes up so bright. I love your work.
    Alicia xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment; it makes my day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails