Wednesday 30 December 2009

bird on a towel



Well, birds actually!  I made these for my sister-in-law for Christmas and think I might have to make some for me!!! 

 

A couple of weeks ago Sue and I had a play date at her house and she got out a little wooden ornament of a bird which we used as a template with card/grungepaper.  Neither of us got the project finished but I decided the shape was rather a nice one to use on a towel.  I used some William Morris patterned fabric I got in the summer, and added different eyes to my birds.  What I'm most impressed with however is how neat the back turned out!!! [Although you're probably not going to see this very well on a the nearly white blog background].

 

I will get the grungeboard version finished soon.  Need to get the wire out for the tail feathers and legs :)

8 comments:

  1. You DID do an amazing job on the BACK of these!!!! The front is kinda nice, too!

    ; )

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving these. What a wonderful quirky bird shape.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWH these are just fab.I love birds.My kids have had budgies for the last couple of years.Started with one now got 11!!!
    Thanks for fixing the blog hop link!!lol.I tried to email her too, anyway it got sorted in the end.Wasnt it great.I was so shocked with all the comments.It worked really well.
    Thanks for your comments.Im off for a browse on your blog.Loving what ive seen so far.
    happy new year
    Debbie xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. These birds are sweet, and I would be proud of the way the backside looks too!
    Happy New Year! ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah, I love your little birdies!!!...I could never use such a pretty towel, it would only be for show! xoxo Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sarah, the towels are fantastic, how clever are you!! and what a lovely gift to receive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those birds are so simple but so stunning. Going to give that a go. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment; it makes my day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails