Wednesday 21 April 2010

an insightful carrot [or PDCC25!]


Better late than never for my play date cafe design piece!  I so wanted to get a piece done for this week's challenge as my new carrot (from Wendy at The Stamp Attic) stamp was just too appropriate not to use!!!  I had such a busy week last week and into this, so I took some journal time last night to relax.


These pages had pieces of text on them from teaching my Art Journaling 2 class and the text still peeks through the white dabber paint in places.  Tim's clock mask is one of my favourites, along with sequin waste so I happily splooshed and stamped my black and white paints and added the odd hint of orange.


I found the quote after googling 'carrot quotes'.  Who'd have thought Paul Cezanne would have been discussing carrots!

 
To colour my carrot boy, I wet my stamp and coloured it with caran d'ache neocolour watersoluble wax pastels.  I then stamped onto dry card and coloured his body in with colour from the pastel on my brush.

12 comments:

  1. OK....so your April Fool joke went right over my head, but when I saw this, I panicked! haha (thought you were posting early for tonight) : )

    This is SO adorable...glad you were able to get it finished for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous, Sarah! Your journal pages are amazing--love your carrot boy! Sorry I haven't been by in a while--life's been NUTS! Think it will calm down a bit now...maybe!

    Hope you're having a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for your kind comments on my blog! I LOVE your blog. This is what makes me happiest too...smooshing around paint, ink, you name it...the messier the better (in fact that's what I'm working on today). Well, that and trying out wild experiments.

    Have a smooshy day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, how much do I love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that carrot stamp and the journal is fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is great. I LOVE the carrot stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the carrot!
    and I am a fan of Cezanne.
    your art journaling is so inspiring....make me wish you I could make one too!
    thanks for visiting

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG - what a fabulous quote you found Sarah. I love this stamp because I was known as carrot as a child (wonder why? LOL) so he's been added to my collection. the journal pages are wonderful and he really stands out against the dark background.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this!!! Everything - the quote, that fabulous carrot boy, the background, the masking - what an exquisite piece of art.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay, you played!! Love, love, love him!! This is fab!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE that carrot boy! Can't wait 'til mine comes! What a cool way to stamp him too! Love this! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh wow! i cannot decide what to love most: the carrot himself (or herself??)...the amazing page on which the carrot resides...or that divine cezanne quote! i think it's a 3-way tie! (ok, maybe a 4-way tie...i've just had a bit of a scroll and am equally in love with your OTHER art journal pages, too!) ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment; it makes my day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails