Monday 5 April 2010

kristen's nighty night owl


Over at kpink it's Mixed Media Monday and Kristen's featuring my owl card :)  I just love this image and it was perfect for a couple of birthday cards I needed to make.


I cut a very layered piece of watercolour paper  (made on Dina Wakley's workshop at Art from the Heart a few weeks ago), and persuaded it through the printer!  I then printed the image again on white paper and cut out, then painted, the owl's head feathers and the leaves on the branch.  I also used gold adirondack paint dabber paint to colour her beak and heart, and espresso to colour the branch.  Then it was time for the sewing machine - yay!!  There's just something so satisfying about stitching on paper!!


I use a free machine foot, drop the feed dogs, then just follow the lines of the image.  This little nightime owl is layered onto some text paper, photocopied fabric (you may recognise that from a recent play date challenge owl), and a colour photocopy of my layered Dina paper  :)

19 comments:

  1. I love this owl Sarah. The colour are right up my street. I will have to come to one of your journalling classes soon when I have closed my shop I love the effects you get. Hope you are having a good Easter. Tracy. (craft-addicts.tracyevans.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love this; everything goes so well. The colour is scrummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When did you become so talented? haha

    This is great Sarah...I can't wait to see what you continue to do with Kpink's images :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. fab Sarah. lovely colours and I really like the combination of stitch, paper and fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE your owl Sarah, he is soooo cute (he/she??!) Really looking forward to seeing your arty versions over at kpink! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love everything about this--just so creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, love the colours and I looove that owl...tis my birthday soon *winks* x

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW Sarah! Your creativity just continues to inspire me! Another gorgeous creation!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sarah--you ROCK! I love love love it--the digi and the stitching and everything! YOU amaze me!!! Can you please come down and visit me so you can teach me some skills??? LOVE it:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute, love how you added the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Did I mention that I LOVE this ? ooh well I DO!
    :)
    kp

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card! congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG! Sarah, this is fabulous! Can't even imagine trying to stitch like that! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love owls and this one is just gorgeous! Love the colours!
    Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous! Love how you created that fabulous owl and then placed it beautifully on the design of the card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice job with the image. I love your choice to use the newspaper behind the owl.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so adorable!!! I love it! xo Paulette

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment; it makes my day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails