Friday, 29 March 2013

art journaling in clay


I recently got to play with some clay at our local secondary school.  After seeing the image below on Pinterest I decided to have a go at adding texture to a clay tile:


Actually, I made a few!


On the advice of the art teacher I cut out the flower shape in card, then pressed this into the tile using a rolling pin.


I added texture with rubber stamps, the end of a skewer and by adding some tiny balls of clay.


I then got to splash on some coloured slip!  Looking forward to seeing what these pieces look like once they're fired!!!


9 comments:

  1. Fabulous idea Sarah, they look fantastic, very tactile . Happy Easter. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. They do look lovely - hope you show us the fired ones too. Happy Easter.x Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look great already, can't wait to see the finished pieces. Hope you're having a Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh very interesting.....love that texture. Happy Easter:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look wonderful. Look forward to seeing the finished ones.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look great! Hope we get to see them too? Happy Easter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooh, always fun to try something new Sarah. these look like they're going to be fab. very touch feely.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment; it makes my day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails