Thursday, 14 January 2010

pdcc#12 - shades of blue



I have a feeling that these shades of blue are going to look different on different people's computers, and to different people ( blue is one of those colours we seem to see differently, ever had that argument with your other half!!).  But that's what's great about the Play Date Cafe, you don't need to worry!



Whilst out shopping last week I came across a ball of wool that was three shades of blue twisted together.  And since I was in a crocheting mood, I invented this little wooly owl!  He's the first creature I've designed myself and I'm very pleased with him.



His eyes are made from old buttons from my button tin :)


And he loves to be outside in the branches of trees, but it was a little bit cold today so he came back in!  He is so nesh!!

Thanks for these colours Alison, love what they got me to produce :)

21 comments:

rachelemiliejackson said...

beyond cute!

Diana Trout {Nan.DT@verizon.net} said...

I love him! and I love the idea of using blue. Will challenge myself with this!

Julie said...

I LOVE your adorable owl, Sarah! What an amazingly creative girl you are! What a perfect example of the diversity of our challenge--fabulous!!!

Helen said...

Oh, how cute! I hope you didn't leave him out in the cold too long, though, lol!

Jennie said...

aaww he is so cute, and BLUE is my colour, so am creating in my head while typing :)
lol

Saskia said...

Ooooh... I LOVE this owl... so cute!! Great work!!

Saskia :)

Sandra Hall said...

Gorgeous little owl! I love his eyes!

Sue said...

LOL you are nuts but I love that about you!! He is SOOOOOO cute!

Anne Jagger said...

He's fantastic, love him! x

Laura said...

What fun. It reminds me of Julie Arkell's funny things she creates. I have her book. Maybe you will inspire me to make something mad this week. You inspired me last week and I ended up winning. Feeling Fab!

Michele said...

He's gorgeous, Sarah! Love the photograph of him in the tree x

Lynne K said...

He's lovely! So cute.

CelticWoman said...

love that owl, at least he will be warm in that tree when it snows. Hugs

Monique said...

Oh, your owl is soooooooo cute! Dropdead gorgeous!

alcoholinky said...

so cute!!!!!!!!!!!

Lesley said...

I want one!!!!! So Adorable!!!
Lesley x

Julie Ranae said...

This project is SO you! hmmmm

Lisa Lectura Creations said...

Hi Sarah! I love your wooly owl. He is soooo adorable. Love the shot with him on the tree! :)

Sid said...

What a lovely, quirky little chap !

thekathrynwheel said...

He's cuuuute! Tuwit tuwoo :-)

Yvonne said...

How cute. and only your first.
and all the shades of blue too. how clever!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails