Thursday 28 October 2010

PDCC53 Into our Second Year :)

How cool is that :)  Thanks to all of you who joined in our celebrations last week.  This week is colour splash week, a favourite within The Play Date Cafe, and a great way to start our second year of the challenge :)


Whilst out hunting for a photographs for this week's colour splash I came across this image by trunkguy.  




He had been playing with a colour splash app on his iphone (so jealous, I so wanted an iphone!!) and produced this image.  I fell in love with the colours, and I just happen to love Acquilega too - gorgeous, gorgeous flowers!



This week the design team were all sent the above set of stamps from Mark's Finest Papers.  They are clearly designed for card making (or tags) so I decided to challenge myself - was it possible to use stamps such as these for a journal page?


I'm happy to say it is :)  I played with Black Soot and Aged Mahogany distress inks, stamping words repeatedly for texture then individually to show what the page is about.  It is good to be thankful for all the great things we have in our lives so I added a weeny envelope to the page so I can place 'thankful' tags in it.  This is my A5 Daler Rowney sketchbook.


We'd love to have you join us over in the cafe this week.  You don't have to make a card, or even a journal page, it can be aNYTHiNG you've made in the colours of the week - black, white and a splash of burgundy!
We've even had cakes lol ;)


There's some fabulous inspiration on our designers' blogs, so head over there for a lookie :)


Then stop by the cafe to link up your piece so we can all head on over to see your work :)

12 comments:

  1. Very Artsy Journal page, love the splashes of color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Sarah. What fab colours, and how stunning is taht acquilega! REally hope I can get this week's colour challenge done!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVED the inspiration photo this week. The colors are beautiful. The journal page with the images is fantastic and love the idea of the envelope for thankful tags. Clever. I always look forward to how you will use the colors and images.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very pretty and love the envelope!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous Sarah! Is there medium of art that you can't master? Love the color story this week, an awesome choice of "splash". Thanks for providing such wonderful inspiration through your fabulous artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sarah, thankyou so much for stopping by my blog and leaving me such a lovely comment. I really appreciate your congrats too. I am a fan of the Stamp Attic and have been to two of Hels workshops recently.
    Love your pieces of art and that large piece looks fantastic, I will have to check in to see when you finish it.
    Luv Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you did this. I wish that I could take one of your journal classes,too!

    Thanks for stopping by and thank you for a very fun challenge blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. your journal pages turned out fabulously!! i especially love the way you used the distress inks......ooooh, i wish i had every color!!! hope you keep having fun with your new stamps!! xox, :))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Luverly, just luverly!!! Especially the envelope!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Votre carte est simple dans la forme.
    Il a tellement les médias.
    L'inscription "with gratitude" parle de lui-même.
    Belle pièce.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Très élégant.
    Une bonne combinaison de couleurs et de formes.
    Très belle cart.

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! I love the idea of an envelope on the page! SO SO SO clever! I love that misting too! Beautiful splash of burgundy! You are always so clever when creating with our color stories--LOVE visiting here!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment; it makes my day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails