Friday 15 October 2010

been poorly sick :(

... with an ear infection...which meant I couldn't teach my workshop at Paddy's on Wednesday. Big apologies to those I was supposed to teach! So, now feeling much better, I decided to do a step by step to one of the cards :)


Sometimes it feels like it must just be the right time to do something!  I'd been wanting to do a card with stepped folds for a little while, then spotted that Vixykins had had a similar plan. I thought that tumbling Autumn leaves would be a great theme for this card design.


 So I headed over to Sandy's blog, as directed by Vix, to get some idea of the folds.  I then adapted it to fit on a square card base.  Thanks Sandy and Vix for the inspiration!

Ok, step 1

Using acrylic paints (I used Stewart Gill True Colours, but Adirondack Dabbers are also fine!), smoosh and print autumn colours over a piece of cardboard (Amazon packaging in my case!)

Step 2

Apply gold paint to a leaf stamp using a sponge or dabber and stamp onto your painted cardboard.  I used the Tick Tock Flowers plate by the Artistic Stamper which is also available at Paddy's Stamping Place.

Step 3


Cut five leaves out, following the general shape of the leaf.  

Step 4

Head over to Sandy's blog and fold and cut your card (can you see the mistake I made with mine above? ) Stamp leaves over the card again using gold acrylic paint.

Step 5


Place a piece of A5 paper under the central section of the card and stencil through sequin waste with red, yellow, gold acrylic paints on the centre of the card.

Step 6

Fold your card correctly, and add your leaves and additional elements using Glossy Accents as necessary!


If you get around to making one of these cards, please let me know as I'd love to come and see :)  Now I've spotted that The StampMan's current challenge is Autumn so I'm off to link in this post :)  Vix is demoing at The Stamp Man tomorrow so I'm heading up there with her for a day of craftiness and friendship :)

10 comments:

  1. aw sorry you've not been feeling well Sarah. love your card and beautiful autumn colours. will have to give this template a go too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you were poorly, glad you are better! Keep meaning to go to Stamp Man myself, May get there tomorrow but really ought to clean house. grrrrr....
    Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear you have been poorly, my ears and throat are infected so not surprised you had to cancel! FAB tutorial Sarah, love those leaf stamps and the gold paint ;-)

    Enjoy your play day with Vix, I met her at Port Sunny last week (she is lovely).

    Take care

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow your card is stunning, I love the looseness of the design which makes it really special.
    Glad you are feeling better as ear infections are nasty things. Enjoy the weekend. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yet another excursion and I can't come : (
    This card is fab and I love the way you put your color-spin on it.
    So glad to hear you are feeling better again xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear you have not been well Sarah, everyone I speak to at min is not well, just had my daughter ill and my FIL. Hope you are feeling 100% soon. Love the card, I will have to have a go at this template it looks so effective. I love leaves. Have a good evening, Tracy Evans x

    ReplyDelete
  7. BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL! You are just major talented! I just love how you bless us by sharing each creation--great job:) LOVE those colors--just love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. feel better darling! And wow you are so much more productive than I am when I'm sick! this is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your autumn card Sarah, it's a great shape, I must try one of these! Thank for entering it into our challenge.

    Also, thanks again for coming over at the weekend, especially when you had been poorly. It was lovely to see you and hear your usual laughter, you made it a very happy shop:)

    Jill x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woweeee I always love your amazing backgrounds! Fantastic design and love the tumbling leaves theme x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment; it makes my day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails