Sunday 28 February 2010

fairy cakes

Before the invasion of the cupcake we had fairy cakes and I love baking them and setting them out on my cake stand for Sunday tea. 


So my final piece for Wendy using the Crafty Secrets Fairyland stamps just had to be a cake!


I used my Hot of the Press cupcake template again after decorating some watercolour paper with my distress inks and stamped images.


I added stamped images to the paper case, including this ladybird who I just think is sooooooo cute, wandering off to fairyland wearing his walking stick and top hat!


The fairy is attached to the flower on the top of the cake which can be lifted off in order to open the box and see what goodies are inside!  And the little cake tag is part of the template too!

This little fairy will be winging her way to Wendy at The Stamp Attic tomorrow, along with this:

 

which you're only getting a sneak peek of cos it's for Wendy, and I want her to see it in the 'flesh' first :)

9 comments:

  1. Sarah, I'm in LOVE with your fairy cakes, and that sneak peek looks really pretty too! Wendy is a lucky girl! xoxo Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh you tease........ I cannot wait for the post to arrive...........I know what it is but not what it looks like lol........loving the fairy cakes, what a great idea and we just got a restock of the template too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky Wendy, the fairy cake is gorgeous and the other project looks great from what we can see so far, yes, you are a tease:) Will pop back for a full peek!

    Jill x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work my friend....I love anything with the word 'cake' in it and the fairy is just a bonus! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great fairy cakes! interesting looing sneak peak, too. Can't wait for it to arrive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These fairy cakes are amazing! Of course, I am a cupcake fan :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the words "fairy cakes"! How very civilized to have tea and Fairy Cakes! What a wonderful package.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sarah.. you little box is so cute! love-it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I met you today at AFTH but I didn't know it was you! (How fantastic was that workshop of Dina's) Someone told me (on the way down) who you were, so I thought I swing by and say Hi!
    The fairy cake is gorgeous... I visit your blog sometimes and love your style and the different creations you get up to, like the little animals, and one time you'd done a steampunk card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment; it makes my day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails